NACOG is the operating entity for Workforce Investment Act services in Yavapai County through the Arizona Workforce Connection. You can access 17 different employment/training services from a single location at the Yavapai Workforce Connection One-Stop Centers in Prescott and Cottonwood. Some services are listed below. For additional information, click on "links" on the left side of the screen.
- Individualized case management/career planning to provide job development and job placement. Eligibility criteria/process required.
- Fully equipped resource room for job search activities (telephone for making appointments, computers/typewriters for completing resumes and employment applications, access to local, state and county job banks, etc.).
- Assessment testing -- vocational aptitude and ability testing to assist in career decision making and for training/employment matches.
- Job search and self-sufficiency workshops to produce skills and job search and job retention.
- Job Readiness training customizing your application and resume to fit the job, applications, cover letters and resumes, referrals/follow up, and how to be successful after you get the job.
- Applicable support services (work clothing, child care, transportation needs, medical/dental/vision needs, etc.).
- Taxi Voucher Program is offered on a limited basis for residents of Prescott Valley.
- Business Assistance Center (BAC) is open and ready to assist your home-based or small business with a variety of free services. We've got your BAC!
- Also available are: referral services, Head Start applications, Section 8/HUD Housing Services, Weatherization, Area Agency on Aging and Economic Development Programs.
For additional information, call (928) 778-1422 in the Prescott area or (928) 649-6867 in the Cottonwood area.
How to Apply:
All those interested in learning more about the programs are asked to attend an orientation. At the orientation you will receive information about program services and an application, with instructions for completion.
Orientations are held each Monday at 10:00 AM sharp. Individual orientations are available on an "as needed" basis. Orientation information is also available as a software program. Orientations are not held on holidays.
You do not need an appointment for the orientation, but we suggest that you arrive at least 30 minutes early.
In Prescott Valley:
Orientations are held every fourth Thursday at 10AM at Stepping Stones, located at 6719 E. Second Street.
Call (928) 649-6867 for a required orientation appointment.
NACOG also provides employers and communities access to economic development funding within the region. NACOG supports programs to assist economically distressed areas, planning regions, cities and counties to undertake significant economic development planning, policy making and implementation efforts.
For further information on Economic and Workforce Development programs, please contact:
P.O. Box 2451
Prescott, AZ 86302
The Yavapai Workforce Connection is on Facebook.
NACOG Workforce Investment Act Programs are Equal Opportunity Employers/Programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.