The purpose of the Advisory Council on Aging (ACOA) is to advise the Area Agency on Aging in developing and administering the area plan, conducting public hearings, representing the interests of older persons and reviewing and commenting on all community policies, programs and actions which affect older persons.
The functions of the ACOA include the following:
- Serve as an advocate and leader by and on behalf of all older persons who reside in the planning and service area
- Monitor, evaluate and comment on all policies, programs, hearings, levies, and community actions which affect older persons
- Provide older persons the opportunity to have direct and explicit input into the planning and operational functions of AAA.
- Provide a mechanism through which the concerns and priorities of older persons may be expressed through the AAA Director
- Be utilized as a functional planning and/or review committee
- Report back to their respective organizations and communities on ACOA activities, as well as other concerns and priorities of older persons in Region III
- Review program and budgetary status for each fiscal year
- Be represented on both the screening and recommendation of personnel to be employed by the AAA, whenever possible
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Advisory Council on Aging, or for other Area Agency on aging information, please contact Jenny Ellringer 928-213-5205 in Flagstaff, or call toll free 1-877-521-3500.
ACOA Membership Application
Back to Top